Effective Date: 1 January 2016
Cathay Photo Store (Pte) Ltd (“Cathay Photo”, "we", "us" or "our") is dedicated to protecting your privacy and is responsible for safeguarding and managing properly the personal data that you have entrusted to us in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) under the laws of Singapore.
What is Personal Data?
Under the PDPA, personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include names, identification numbers and contact information.
What is the Personal Data Protection Act?
The PDPA establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
The PDPA provides for the establishment of a national Do Not Call (DNC) Registry. The DNC Registry allows individuals to register their Singapore telephone numbers to opt out of receiving marketing phone calls, mobile text messages such as SMS or MMS, and faxes from organisations.
For more information regarding the PDPA, please click here.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
The ways in which we may collect your personal data include (but are not limited to) collecting directly or indirectly from you or your authorized representatives in the course of:
- You signing up for alerts or newsletters;
- You visiting our website(s), shop, etc.;
- You purchasing or leasing or making a reservation to purchase or lease any product from us;
- You applying for a job with us;
- You participating in our marketing or promotional events;
- You using our products or services;
- You contacting us with your queries, requests or feedback;
- You subscribing to our services;
- You participating in a competition, lucky draw or survey organised by or involving us;
- Our conducting or completing of transactions;
- Our conducting market research or surveys; and
- Our conducting interviews with you.
Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Data
The personal data which we gather from you may be used and/or processed for various purposes with regards to your relationship with us, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including but not limited to:
- Contacting you on matters relating to your membership and purchases;
- Processing and managing your membership and purchases;
- Managing your reservation to purchase or lease any product from us;
- Creating personalised campaigns/ promotions that we consider are more beneficial for you;
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback from you;
- Providing customer service (e.g. responding to queries and requests; informing you about service status and product updates; sending you alerts and newsletters);
- Resolving consumer/product issues and improving our service;
- If permitted by you, keeping you updated about Cathay Photo’s latest promotions, events, marketing activities, as well as product-related information that are likely to be of interest or benefit to you via post, email, telephone, SMS/ MMS and even through fax;
- Conducting market research and improving customer service (e.g. conducting market research or surveys; performing market analysis; managing and enhancing our products and services; developing new products);
- Offering rewards and promotions, and sharing promotional benefits and loyalty programs for which you may qualify;
- Preventing and detecting fraud or other crimes and recovering debts;
- Conducting internal audits;
- Ensuring the safety and security of our properties and systems;
- Conducting checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks; and
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. providing assistance to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits).
The personal data you will be entrusting to us will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purposes that we have communicated with you.
In most cases, if you do not provide information about yourself which we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant product or service.
We may decide to buy or sell assets which form part of or relate to its business or a division or organization within Cathay Photo. In any such transaction, personal data will usually be one of the transferred assets and will be disclosed to the purchaser.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
Depending on the product or service concerned, personal data may be disclosed or transferred to:
- Other divisions or organizations within Cathay Photo;
- Our joint venture/ alliance partners;
- Our service providers and specialist advisers/institutions who have been contracted to provide administrative, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or other services;
- Other insurers, credit providers, courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies as agreed or authorized by law; and
- Anyone authorized by you, as specified by you or your contract with us.
Types of Personal Data We May Collect
Personal data that may be collected by us may include but is not limited to:
- Your identity – this includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
We may also collect:
- Your purchase transactions at our stores - what and where you bought, how frequent you buy, and reward points that you have earned and redeemed;
- Your interaction with us - for example, a note or recording of a call you made to us, an email or letter you sent to us or other records of any contact you had with us;
- Your account information - for example, details relating to your membership or purchases or enquiry;
- Information on your use of our products and/or services - for example, feedback regarding our product and/or service;
- Your preferences – this is based on what you share with us regarding how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example; and
- Information from other organisations – these organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
Request for Access, Correction and/or Withdrawal of Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession by submitting a written request to us via email. We will need sufficient information from you in order to determine your identity as well as the nature of your request, so as to be able to deal with your request within 14 working days. Where we are unable to respond to you within the said 14 days, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested. Please note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your access request;
- Learn our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal data;
- Opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time; and
- Withdraw your consent for the collection and use of your personal data in our possession or by submitting your request to the relevant Data Protection Officer (DPO). We will process your request within 14 working days. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
In accordance with the Act, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request. We will provide you with a written estimate of the fee we will be charging. Please note that we are not required to respond to or deal with your access request unless you have agreed to pay the fee.
Please note that this policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time and the updated version will be posted on this website. You are advised to check it regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest policies that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
If you, at any time, have any complaint or questions regarding this policy or relative to how we manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com (attention to the ‘Data Protection Officer’).
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
You are encouraged to visit this section of our website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
This Policy is to be read together with our Cathay Photo Rewards Program Terms and Conditions and applies to all products and services provided by us.