43.8mm x 32.9mm
FUJIFILM G Mount
Enjoy unparalleled control over the images created by the 102MP ultra-high resolution imaging sensor at the heart of GFX100S and use its unmatched flexibility to create the images that you have always dreamed of, down to the smallest of details. Using a back-illuminated design that – along with its family of GF lenses – optimizes light capture for every image at each one of its 102 million pixels, the full majesty of this camera is truly realized once the image data is passed through the quad-core X-Processor 4 imaging engine. This is what ultimately delivers the unsurpassed image quality and outstanding color reproduction that has now become synonymous with Fujifilm.
With 102MP of resolution packed into its 44mm x 33mm imaging sensor, GFX100S is perfectly equipped to provide superior detail in any image or piece of video footage. However, this would not be possible without the resolving power of FUJINON G Mount lenses. Leveraging decades of experience in creating broadcast optics, it’s this combination of our optics and sensor technology that will set your images apart. From the eyelashes in a portrait to the delicate blades of grass in an incredible landscape, GFX100S is with you to frame every detail.
Pixel Shift Multi Shot
When nothing but the best will do, GFX100S rises to the challenge. Its Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function combines 16 RAW files to create a single 400MP image that reproduces the finest details with ultimate color accuracy. Images are created by moving the imaging sensor to record red, green and blue data from every pixel. This process results in unparalleled color reproduction, minimal false colors, and is perfect for archiving works of art, preserving cultural assets, or for any application that requires immense color fidelity and sumptuous detail.
©︎Ivan Joshua Loh
Set your portrait photography apart from full-frame users by making the move to large format and combining GFX100S with GF80mmF1.7 R WR or GF110mmF2 R LM WR to produce images that have a unique look.
Unmatched in how these combinations separate their subjects from their backgrounds and create an almost three-dimensional quality to the image, full-frame users will be hard-pressed to create images of the same aesthetic quality. This is mostly because of the relationship that exists between the focal length and how its field of view is reproduced on a large format sensor. Large format images just naturally create images with more compression and separation, which is why there is simply no replacement for GFX100S and either one of its portrait lenses.
*When compared to full-frame imaging sensors and their aggregate performance regarding the features.
GFX100S delivers wonderfully smooth tones with incredibly subtle color gradations, thanks to advanced sensor technologies that produce exceptional results. This is not only a result of the sensor’s overall resolution, but also because it incorporates a back-illuminated design, which allows light to hit the sensor more directly to produce images with more detail and less overall noise. Combine this with GFX100S’s ability to record 16-bit RAW and TIFF files and it’s no wonder why it’s the perfect choice for photographers who demand perfection.
||Fujifilm’s expertise in color science is legendary among image makers. For more than 85 years, it has been responsible for some of the world’s most iconic photographs and movies. GFX100S gives you access to this wealth of experience at the touch of a button, powered by one of the world’s most widely acclaimed digital color processing engines. With a choice of 19 exclusive FUJIFILM Film Simulation modes, it is easy to achieve fantastic color, instantly, straight out of camera and with a new FIlm Simulation mode to explore – Nostalgic Neg. – it may just be worth it to spend a little more time here than you originally thought.
©︎Ivan Joshua Loh
Designed to recreate the look of images in old photo albums, Nostalgic Neg. produces images with rich colors in the shadows and a soft tonality through the mid-tones and highlights.
As a manufacturer of cameras and photographic films for many years, Fujifilm has developed the Film Simulation modes to digitally replicate the look of film. The GFX100 allows users reproduce these colors and tones, despite its large image resolution, adding an artistic flair to images with exceptional quality.
- Based on FUJICHROME PROVIA, a reversal film designed for professional use, this Film Simulation mode caters for all subject types, offering a relatively neutral color reproduction.
- Based on FUJICHROME Velvia, an ultra vivid reversal film designed for professional use, this Film Simulation mode provides richer and high-contrast colors than the standard “PROVIA,” normally used by landscape photographers.
- Based on FUJICHROME ASTIA, a reversal film designed for use in fashion portraits, this Film Simulation mode prioritises soft and faithful reproduction of skin tones while also reproducing vivid blue skies and greenery.
- CLASSIC CHROME
- This Film Simulation mode is designed to reproduce a look that is similar to documentary magazines of the 20th century. Its low-saturation and hard tonal gradation in shadows make it a perfect choice for documentary photography with a touch of realism.
- PRO Neg. Hi
- Based on PRO160NH, a color negative film for professionals, this Film Simulation mode has slightly harder tonal gradation than PRO Neg. Std. It is mainly used in portrait photography where the lighting is not easily controlled. It provides the right amount of shadows even under flat lighting.
- PRO Neg. Std
- Based on PRO160NS, a color negative film for professionals, this Film Simulation mode has a soft tonal gradation and excellent skin tone reproduction. Ideal for portrait photography under carefully controlled lighting. The neutral tonality renders itself well to post-processing.
- Classic Neg.
- Based on SUPERIA, a color negative film loved by generations, this Film Simulation mode provides high-contrast tonal gradation and adds depth and definition to colors by adjusting their shades in highlights and shadows while reducing saturation.
- Based on ETERNA, a film designed for motion pictures, this Film Simulation mode minimises saturation to ensure that none of the colors stand out. It provides an extremely soft tonal gradation in highlights and deep shadows to prevent clipping, to reproduce a cinematic look.
- ETERNA Bleach Bypass
- This Film Simulation mode applies a Bleach Bypass effect to the ETERNA mode. This careates a high-contrast and low-saturation look which gives a touch of profoundness, loved by many filmmakers, which is perfect for a more dramatic edit.
- Based on ACROS, a monochrome film renowned for its super fine grain, this Film Simulation mode delivers rich shadow details and excellent sharpness, while still being able to add grain at high ISOs to produce the stunning textural feel of monochrome films.
- Shoots in black and white. Available with yellow, red, and green filters, which deepen shades of gray corresponding to hues complementary to the selected color.
- Adds a warm tone across the frame for a sepia look. When applied to a retro subject, it creates a nostalgic look.
Image Format, Size and Aspect
||Making images requires flexibility. This is why GFX100S offers a wide selection of image formats and qualities. These include uncompressed and lossless compressed RAW and JPEG formats of varying image sizes, aspect ratios, and compression ratios. In-camera RAW processing provides the option of saving 8-bit or 10-bit color depth images as 8-bit or 16-bit TIFF files. It even has the ability to record a centered 36x24mm image when using a 35mm format lens with a compatible mount adapter.
Enhance your images with creative film-like effects. GFX100S offers Grain Effect for replicating the graininess of analog photos, Color Chrome Effect for adding deeper tonal gradation to a subject with highly saturated colors, and Smooth Skin Effect for smoothing the skin tones on portraits.
Color Chrome Effect
You can choose the white balance setting from Auto, Custom, Color Temperature and Preset. The white balance can be fine tuned in the WB Shift feature with RB color coordinates. In the Custom mode, which measures the ambient light to determine white balance, you can also adjust size and location settings and register three presets.
- Automatic Scene Recognition, Color Temperature Selection (2500K – 10000K)
- Custom 1~3 Size / Area Selectable
- Daylight, Shade, Fluorescent Light (Daylight), Fluorescent Light (Warm White), Fluorescent Light (Cool White), Incandescent Light, Underwater
True Flexibility in the Field
Whether you are scrambling after a couple to frame their perfect moment or trekking through the wilderness to document nature’s biggest secrets, rest assured that GFX100S has your back when you get there. Its compact size and powerful in-body image stabilization (IBIS) will help make handheld images pin-sharp, while a cutting-edge focus algorithm and phase detection autofocus (PDAF) pixels across the entire frame deliver fast and accurate autofocus. Be confident that you’ll never miss the moment, no matter how fleeting it may be.
Compact and Comfortable
FUJIFILM GFX system cameras have set new standards for portability and operation when it comes to large format cameras and GFX100S continues this modern-day legacy. Its high-resolution 102MP sensor is housed in a body that weighs just 900g (1.98lbs) and measures a remarkably compact 150x104x87mm (5.90×4.09×3.42in). It features a redesigned shutter unit, a five-axis in-body image stabilization system, and fits comfortably in-hand thanks to its contoured grip. At its size, it may provide an image-making experience similar to other full-frame cameras, but make no mistake, GFX100S produces images far more superior in quality.
GFX100S has been designed to make the large format photography experience easier and more intuitive for both new and existing GFX system users. Featuring a PASM dial to give access to its main exposure functions. Handling is made more convenient thanks to a top-plate LCD that displays key function settings – even when the camera is switched off – while a redesigned Focus Lever and feather-touch shutter release provide the finishing touches to the camera’s image-making experience.
New and existing GFX system users alike will feel no need to be daunted when stepping into the world of large format photography since GFX100S features a universally familiar PASM control dial. The dial also features six custom positions, which can be assigned to frequently used settings, ready to be switched between in an instant.
Switching from still to movie mode is also made incredibly simple by way of a lever that is located next to the mode dial. This makes it easy to switch functions effortlessly and keep creating.
Sub LCD monitor
Instantly check the status of key camera functions with the top-plate LCD monitor on GFX100S. The 1.8in black & white monitor is crystal clear and displays the all-important information, including shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitvity, and remaining frames. The display is also fully programmable, so you can choose what information you have to hand at all times.
- Number of dots
- Aspect Ratio
Focus Stick (Focus Lever)
GFX100S features a newly designed Focus Lever, which is flatter and more comfortable to control. But it’s not only the shape of the lever that has been enhanced, the firmware has been upgraded making it easier to select the right focusing point.
Some of the greatest images are made when a camera is positioned at a dramatic or unusual angle. The rear 3.2in, 2.36 million dot LCD panel on GFX100S encourages you to explore different viewpoints with its 100% coverage and three tilting directions: 90° upward, 45° downward, and 60° to the right. Use this flexibility with touchscreen control to push your compositions to the next level.
- 3.2 inch, Aspect Ratio 4:3, Approx.2360K-dot Tilt-Type,
Touch Screen color LSD Monitor (Approx.100% Coverage)
- TiTing Direction
- Three directions
- LCD Brightness
- -5 – +5(30-800cd/m²)
- LCD Color
- -5 – +5
- LCD Color Adjustment
- [R]-5 – +5 [B]-5 – +5
Feather touch shutter
GFX100S may be designed for rugged enviroments, but it is definitely made for a delicate touch. Its feather-touch shutter release reacts to subtle movements, and responds instantaneously in either portrait or landscape orientations. For more precision and quicker response, switch to the electronic front curtain shutter to minimize shutter lag and get exactly the right moment with every frame.
Tailor GFX100S to your image-making style by using one of the six customizable settings on the PASM dial, reconfiguring the 16 functions in the Q (Quick) Menu, or by mapping your most regularly used functions to the selection of programmable function (Fn) buttons positioned around the camera body to keep settings just a simple touch away.
Incredibly light, yet impressively durable, the camera body is made from magnesium alloy and designed to meet the demands of day to day use. It is also thicker by 1mm around the lens mount to provide additional rigidity and support, which is essential when using larger G Mount prime and zoom lenses.
Thanks to a camera body that is sealed in 60 different places, GFX100S can easily shrug off the most challenging weather and environments. It can operate in temperatures as low as -10°C (14°F) and is both dust- and moisture-resistant.