Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x
- Canon EF Lens to Sony E-Mount Body
- Increases Angle of View by 0.71x
- Increases Maximum Aperture by 1 Stop
- Switch for In-Body Image Stabilization
This latest Speed Booster ULTRA for E-Mount cameras comes with a new advanced 5-element / 4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.
It has a magnification of 0.71x, which effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors, such as Sony E-Mount, from 1.5x to 1.07x, and it works extremely well with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses such as the 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 to produce 17-50 f/2.0 and 50-142 f/2.0 high-speed zooms respectively. Similarly, high-speed fixed focal length lenses such as 50 f/1.2 will be transformed into a 35.5 f/0.9 lens with excellent contrast and resolution from the center all the way to the edges of the image.
Metabones Exclusive Features and Benefits
- If your lens supports optical image stabilization (OIS) and your camera supports sensor-shift, in-body image stabilization (IBIS), the choice is yours on which one to use, or to have both of them work in harmony
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+) lenses
- Custom function button (Focus Hold button) assignable to more than 50 functions, such as Aperture Preview and Eye-AF, on A9, A7 series, A6500 and A6300.
- Dedicated switch controls in-body image stabilization (IBIS) on Sony cameras equipped with SteadyShot INSIDE
- Compatible with Sony FS7 II camera
- Cinema EOS lens (CN-E) support, including power zoom, AF and auto-iris
- Rubber gasket protects E-mount connection from dust and moisture
- Detachable tripod foot, compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads
Optical / Mechanical Features
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop
- Increase MTF
- Makes lens 0.71x wider
- Felt material flocked inside to reduce internal reflection
- AF-C tracking during high-speed drive at up to 10fps on Sony A9 (not applicable to A7R III)
- Fast contrast-detection AF on all E-Mount cameras (except AF-S / DMF with Sony A9)
- Pure phase-detection autofocus support on A9, A7R II, A7 II and A7S II (distance information from lens required; 3-axis IBIS if lens does not transmit distance information)
- Powered by camera body - no external power source required
- LED indicator shows operation mode, OIS activity and communication status
- Efficient switched-mode power supply
- Supports image stabilization (IS) lenses
- Supports electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85 f/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50 f/1.0L)
- EXIF support (focal length, aperture, lens name)
- Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders, A9, A7 series, A6500 and A6300 (lens with distance information support required)
- Auto-magnify (lens with distance information support required)
- Auto "APS-C Size Capture" on full-frame cameras
For limitations and lens compatibility information, please click here.
- Metabones is not licensed, approved or endorsed by Sony or Canon.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Metabones Canon EF to Sony E-Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA II 0.71x
- 1 Year