Zoom H8 Handy Recorder
- Customized applications for field recording, music and podcasting
- 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable input capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for all six XLR mic inputs: +24/+48V
- Large color LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 15 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
$595.00 (inc GST)
INTRODUCING THE ALL NEWZOOM H8
The Only Recorder That Adapts To Your Way Of Creating
12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
There’s An App For Your Workflow
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project's needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
The Podcast App
The PODCAST App makes producing your podcast simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high quality sounds or load your own via an SD card.
The Podcast App accommodates up to 4 mics and two Sound Pad channels.
The Music App
The MUSIC App puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 inputs and 12 tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
The Field App
The FIELD App is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compression, limiter, noise gate, and other key settings.
The Mic Capsule
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you’re always using the right mic for the job.
What's in the box?
- 1 x H8 Handy Recorder
- 1 x XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
- 4 x AA Batteries
- 1 x Quick Guide
- Main Specifications
Number of input channels:
8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
Number of output channels:
1 (combined stereo headphone/line)
Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo
MP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
- 2.4" (320×240) full-color touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Speaker
- 400 mW 8Ω mono speaker
- Phantom Power
- +24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 1–4, A and B)
- Audio Interface Operation: Multitrack Mode
44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
- Audio Interface Operation: Stereo Mode
44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
Chromatic/Guitar/Bass/Open A/Open D/Open E/ Open G/DADGAD
- 4 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1A
- USB bus power
- H8: 116.4 mm (W) × 163.3 mm (D) × 48.6 mm (H) XYH-6: 78.9 mm (W) × 60.2 mm (D) × 45.2 mm (H) (External)
H8: 354 g
XYH-6: 130 g
Note: When using a USB cable designed for recharging, audio interface, SD card reader and Guitar Lab connection functions cannot be used.