Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF for Nikon
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 16.6-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Three Low Dispersion Elements
- Anti-Reflective Multi-Layer Lens Coating
- SD-M AF Motor
About atx-i Series
Leaving the honorable AT-X abbreviation, the letter "i" was newly added. "i" stands for "interactive", implying mutual communication between photographer and the lens. This is our believe that this series will provide a tight bond between photographer and the lens in order to capture in the image that the photographer sees around.
Exterior, specifications and performance of Tokina's popular and well acknowledged so far AT-X PRO lenses are reconsidered with the contemporary cameras in mind and launched under atx-i brand.
The Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF (CF means cropped frame) is designed as an ultra wide angle zoom lens for APS-C sensor DLSR cameras. It is the only f/2.8 fast ultra wide angle zoom lens for APS-C sized DSLR cameras on the current market*.
Focal length 11-20mm that covers equivalent angle of wide prime 18mm, 21mm, 24mm, 28mm lenses makes this lens attractive to be chosen after standard zoom lens or initially possessed wide angle zoom kit lens.
A constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom range is realized to achieve great results in low light conditions, for depth of field control and easy manual shooting, while maintaining a reasonable size and weight.
* At present time April, 2020
To achieve an exceptional optical performance required for ultra wide angle zoom lens 3 aspherical glass elements and 3 Super-Low Dispersion glass elements were used in order to minimize distortion, manage spherical aberration and astigmatism while achieving excellent edge-to edge resolution and high contrast through the entire image.
Anti-reflective multi-layer coating improves light transmission and minimizes reflections while newly applied water-repellent coating makes wiping and cleaning the surface of the front glass element easier.
Anti-reflective multi-layer coating improves light transmission and minimizes reflections while water-repellent coating makes wiping and cleaning the surface of the front glass element easier.
Built Quality & Exterior Design
Devoted to its traditions, Tokina incorporated a lot of metal parts inside the lens for a reassuring built quality and long time utilization in different shooting conditions.
The sophisticated exterior design is specifically developed to match the design of contemporary DSLR cameras.
Mechanics & Electronics
The Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF for Nikon F mount incorporates internal Silent-Drive focusing Motor (SD-M) in combination with precise GMR sensor to allow the lens to AF accurately and fast.
One-touch focus Clutch mechanism allows to switch between autofocus and manual focus easy.
The overall length of the Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF does not change when focusing and zooming thanks to internal type of the focus. Zooming mechanism inside the barrel allows using C-PL filters attached.
For Still Photography
Ultra-wide 11-20mm focal length, constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 makes this lens an essential tool for the following genres of photography: landscape, group photos and environmental portraits, architecture (especially interiors) automobile photography, weddings, street snap and night sky photography.
For Video Content Production
The Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF is suggested for videographers and film makers in mind who shoot both stills and video professionally, featuring the following advantages for such a kind of users.
- Wide cinematic angle enough to feel confident in small places.
- Minimized focus breathing – the subject framing does not show big change when focus is adjusted from near to far.
- Natural footage - the image is not distorted when panning due to very low distortion performance.
- Constant aperture to use full zoom range while you are filming.
- Excellent optical performance.
The Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF is a perfect match to use with gimbal.
- Ideal wide angle fitting cinematic standards.
- Light weight.
- Zooming abilities that allow user to shoot in different angles using the same lens.
- Since the overall length does not change thanks to internal type of focusing, there is no need to do gimbal calibration every time the angle of view was changed.
- Great color rendering and resolution abilities.
- Affordable price and high quality compared to really expensive cinema lenses.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Tokina atx-i 11-20mm F2.8 CF for Nikon
- Focal Length
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Automatic Aperture
- Angle of View
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- Macro Ratio
- Focusing Mode
- Manual Focusing Ring
- Autofocus Switch
- Clutch Ring
- Focusing Type
- Internal Focus
- Sensor Size
- Filter Size
- 2 Year Limited Warranty