For Non-EU Customers
For EU Customers, please click here.
Updated on: 28 December 2018
We care about your privacy, and are committed to protecting the personal data that you have entrusted to us.
What is the Personal Data Protection Act?
The PDPA establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
The PDPA provides for the establishment of a national Do Not Call (DNC) Registry. The DNC Registry allows individuals to register their Singapore telephone numbers to opt out of receiving marketing phone calls, mobile text messages such as SMS or MMS, and faxes from organisations.
For more information about PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website here.
What is personal data?
Personal data refers to any data or information, whether true or not, about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
What personal data do we collect?
Data that we collect may include:
- Date of birth;
- Residential, shipping and billing addresses;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- Any form of biometric that you may have submitted (such as facial image or voice recording);
- Account information such as your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities and your spending patterns;
- Payment related information such as bank and credit card details;
- Service related information such as your usage of and interaction with our website and the date, time and duration of your phone calls;
- Equipment and network related information, such as device ID, IP address, operating system, browser type, session duration and/or referring website address;
- Employment information;
- Any information relating to you from other organization which we believe you have authorized to provide your personal data to us on your behalf; and
- Any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you.
Please note that from 1 January 2019, we will no longer be collecting the following National Identification Numbers from you:
- National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) Number;
- Passport Number;
- Foreign Identity Number (FIN); or
- Work Permit Number.
How do we collect your personal data?
Generally, we collect personal data from you when you:
- Visit our Website or visit us on our social media platform (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr etc.);
- Create an account on our website or sign up for our Cathay Photo Rewards Program;
- Make a sales enquiry or make a purchase from us;
- Subscribe to our services and our e-newsletter and sign up for alerts;
- Sign up for events that we organize, such as talks, workshops and product previews;
- Participate in a promotion, survey, lucky draw or contest;
- Register your product with us for warranty purposes;
- Interact with our customer service officers or contact us with any service related questions;
- When you apply for a job position with us; or
- When you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorized representatives), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
You are responsible for ensuring that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Why do we collect and retain your personal data?
Generally, we collect, use and disclose your personal data for our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes, which include but are not limited to the following:
- To manage your registration as a user on our website and improve your user experience with us, online or offline, based on your usage behavior on our websites;
- To manage your registration as a member of our Cathay Photo Rewards Program and to verify your personal particulars and your identity as the rightful owner of your member’s account;
- To maintain your member’s account with us and to allow you to enjoy the membership privileges such as lucky draws and rebate redemptions (in-store only);
- To send our e-newsletter to you and share promotional benefits which you may qualify for, such as marketing and promotional updates, offers and invitations to events;
- To process the orders that you have submitted through our Website, including providing you with updates on your order status;
- To process payments in relation to provision of goods and services;
- To pass your personal data to the third-party service provider if you have opted for delivery of the products that you have purchased;
- To share the personal data with our affiliates, business partners and vendors for marketing, promotional and warranty purposes;
- To better communicate with you (including but not limited to responding to your enquiries, requests and complaints);
- To provide better after-sales service, such as notifying you of product firmware updates, resolving product issues, etc.;
- To store information for performing certain functions on our Website such as completing forms, facilitating website navigation, authentication of user, and enabling marketing and advertising technology;
- To conduct market research and surveys for us to review, develop and improve our products, services and also develop special offers and marketing programs;
- To facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- To conduct internal audits;
- To process your job application including but not limited to pre-recruitment background checks, providing or obtaining employee references or other references where relevant and collecting information about your suitability for the position applied for;
- To ensure the safety and security of our systems;
- To protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations or those of others
- To recover debts;
- To prevent or detect actual or potential crime, fraud or illegal activity;
- To ensure compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- For any other purpose relating to any of the above or when you submit your Personal Data to us.
The personal data that we collect from you will only be used for the purpose(s) it was collected for and may be shared with the following trusted parties:
- Our related entities registered under Cathay Photo Store Pte Ltd, such as our flagship store located at 111 North Bridge Road, #01-04 to 08 and #01-11 to 14 Peninsula Plaza, Singapore 179098; our retail store located at 6 Raffles Boulevard, #02-215 to 216 Marina Square, Singapore 039594; our administrative office and service centre located at 315 Outram Road, #05-06 Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074;
- Our affiliates, business partners and vendors for purposes such as marketing, promotional and warranty;
- Third-party service providers and professional advisors for purposes such as information processing, delivering products to you, facilitating payments, maintaining the Website, market analysis, conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys
- Relevant authorities, industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
In the event that we decide to sell all or part(s) of our company for the purpose of business development or restructuring, your personal data may be considered an asset of the sale and be transferred as well.
How do we store and protect your personal data?
Your personal data may be stored by us in various forms, including electronic and hard-copy. We will take reasonable measures to maintain the integrity and security of any personal data that we have stored, including taking reasonable steps to prevent interference and loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure of such personal data. Such measures include:
- Restricting physical access to your personal data;
- Putting in place security systems to prevent unauthorized computer access; and
- Securely destroying your personal data when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose.
If you come across any suspicious activities or believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s). We are not responsible for protecting any personal data that we share with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website such as ours. These small files which may include an anonymous unique identifier to recognize you as a User and to track information about you, such as your browsing activity and your preferences such as language, country, etc., so that the same settings will be used to enhance your online experience when navigating our website in the future. Some cookies are temporary and will disappear when you close your browser while others will be stored on your computer or mobile device for some time.
What type of Cookies are used on our website?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into our Website as a member and to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies.These cookies allow us to see how visitors navigate our Website. This helps us to understand how you use the Website, how we can enhance the performance of our Website and how we can enhance the user experience.
- Functionality cookies.These cookies are used to recognize you when you use our Website by remembering your log-in details and preferences. These are to ensure that you do not need to log in for every webpage that you visit on the Website and to enable us to personalize our content for you.
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
What if you do not want cookies to be used during your visits to our website?
You can also find out more about cookies and how to delete and control them here or click “Help” in your browser menu.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
What if you do not want us to collect your personal information?
You do not have to provide us with your personal data if you do not want to. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide a product or service, or deal with you.
How can you access, correct and update, delete and/or withdraw consent to use of your personal data that we have collected?
User Account on Website
If you have a user account on our Website, you can log in to your account and view, edit and/or delete your personal data that you have entered previously.
Rewards Program Membership Account
If you are a member of our Rewards Program, and would like to access your personal data in our records, you may visit our stores and bring along your membership card. Once we are able to verify your identity, we will provide you with access to your personal data.
However, if you would like to correct, update, edit and/or delete your personal data in our membership records, you can:
- Visit any of our stores and request for a copy of our “Update Information Form”. Please complete the form with your new personal data and return it to us; or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the data that you would like to change.
All Other Records
For your personal data that have been collected in other ways not mentioned above, you may request to access, correct and update, delete and/or withdraw consent to use of your personal data that we have in our records by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will assist you once we are able to verify your identity.
Any and all changes to your personal data will be made after we have verified your identity.
In certain cases, for example, if the request is unusual or onerous, we may charge you a reasonable fee before providing access to your personal data.
Please note that if you delete and/or withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our products or services to you. In the event we are not able to continue with any contractual arrangement with you, this may result in the termination of any such arrangements with us and you may be in breach of your contractual obligations, in which case, our rights and remedies are expressly reserved.
What if you no longer want to receive any communication from us?
For members of our Cathay Photo Rewards Program, you can unsubscribe to our communications by unsubscribing online or by informing us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Web Sites