Hoya R72 Infrared Filter - 77mm
- Used for Infrared Photography
- Blocks Visible Light Up To 720nm
- Can Be Used with Infrared-Type Film
$130.00 (inc GST)
The HOYA R72 Infrared filter is specifically designed for infrared photography with digital cameras and infrared film.
Infrared light starts in the high-red area of the visible spectrum at around 750nm and goes up beyond 1000nm. This light is not visible to the naked eye. Looking through the R72 filter it looks almost opaque because the filter is only passing light from the very high red edge of the visible spectrum and infrared light. Infrared photography yields very interesting, sometimes stunning, and creative result as object in a scene reflect infrared light differently than normal light.
Due to the nature of infrared light, filter factor and exposure compensation vary widely from visible light and depends largely on lighting conditions.
- Works well with digital cameras, especially mirrorless cameras or DSLRS with no IR blocking filter in front of the sensor. (Please check your camera's owners manual).
- The filter completely transmits the light at 760nm - 860nm. (infrared spectrum) with the light transmission 95%.
- The HOYA R72 is constructed using high-quality optical glass from Hoya mounted in a precision milled aluminum frame that provides rigidity.
- Consistent quality, made in Japan.
- Can be paired with colored black and white contrast filters such as the R25 (red), K2 (yellow), O (orange) or other color filters to change the color rendition or contrast effects.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Hoya R72 Infrared Filter - 77mm
- Frame Material