Sony PXW-Z90V Camcorder
- Single 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 30p
- 4K HDR with hybrid log-gamma (HLG)
- 3G-SDI output, 2.4/5 GHz live streaming
- Phase-detection autofocus (AF)
- Zeiss 12x Optical / 18x Clear image zoom
- Records MPEG-2 HD with optional license
- XAVC HD / QFHD recording
- S-Log3/S-Gamut3 imaging options
- 2 x SD card slots, relay & simul modes
Share the moment now with Simple Live Streaming
With the PXW-Z90, its easy to share high quality video in real time with your online audience. Stream live footage directly to major online platforms with easy set-up.*
Simple Live Streaming to major online services free upgrade available now.
*Free of charge upgrade available now.
Ultimate mobility with high-speed autofocus
The PXW-Z90 is palm-sized, ultra-lightweight to shoot in any situation and its advanced Fast Hybrid AF system is designed to provide pin-sharp image quality at all times with complete creative control.
First professional palm camcorder with 4K HDR
The PXW-Z90 is the first professional palm-sized camcorder to deliver stunning 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) content with Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) file-based workflows. S-Log3 is also supported, enabling you to create beautiful imagery with a wide colour gamut and colour range.
*3840 x 2160 pixels. Connect this product to HDR (HLG) compatible TV via HDMI cable and turn to HDR (HLG) mode by TV when displaying 4K QFHD movies.
Stream directly to major online platforms
Live streaming instantly connects you with your audience, wherever you are. From weddings and live events to interviews and seminars capture high-quality images and share them in real time on major online video platforms. Set up your own streaming channel with your smartphone or tablet, connect via Wi-Fi and youre ready to go.*
*Free of charge upgrade available now.
**For Ethernet connection, separate accessories (VMC-UAM2, CBK-NA1) are required.
Networked for high mobility
The PXW-Z90 comes with 5GHz* and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi as standard simply turn on and log onto your preferred network to enable a host of advanced wireless production features:
*5GHz support dependent on country/regional regulation. Only PXW-Z90V supports 5GHz.
- QoS Streaming to XDCAM air allows images to be streamed live from the camcorder for viewing at a remote location
- FTP Transfer allows content files recorded with MPEG HD 422/420 proxy feature (CBKZ-SLMP required) and other content files shot in XAVC (QFHD/FHD) and AVCHD formats to be sent over the internet for remote storage on an FTP server
- XDCAM air can upload proxy footage to the cloud from multiple camera operators in the field, so editing can start immediately. Uploaded content can be accessed securely from any location. News teams can even start logging clips while shooting’s still going on, saving even more valuable time when a story’s breaking
- Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser Mobile™ allows the PXW-Z90 to be remotely controlled from a smartphone or tablet computer (iOS 9.0 – 10.3 or Android 4.4 through 7.1) via a Wi-Fi connection. One-touch authentication is also possible with smartphones that offer NFC connectivity
- Wired LAN connection allows the PXW-Z90 to be connected to the internet over a wired connection via the separately available VMC-UAM2 USB adapter cable and network adaptor kit (CBK-NA1), allowing files to be streamed or transferred by FTP
*The Content Browser Mobile™ application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store. Wi-Fi operation cannot be guaranteed with all smartphones and tablet computers.
Wide-angle zoom lens with great control
The PXW-Z90 is supplied with a fixed 29mm wide-angle ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens, ideal for capturing panoramic landscapes. The 12x optical zoom can be increased to 18x with Clear Image Zoom, maintaining QFHD resolution using Super Resolution Technology or 24x in HD. In addition, the digital extender can double this range again, up to 48x zoom.
The camcorders lens ring enables smooth, natural adjustment of focusing or zooming, depending on which mode is selected, while the manual dial and buttons on the side of the body allow swift and easy adjustment of IRIS (aperture), ISO/GAIN and shutter speed.
The PXW-Z90 has a featured remote interface (2.5 mm stereo mini-mini jack) wired interface. Using a wired remote controller such as the RM-1BP or RM-30BP the focus, zoom, rec start/stop and rec review can be controlled remotely. The camcorder can connect to the optional RM-30BP and MCX-500 Multi Camera Live Producer to form a simple live solution.
Dual media slots
To extend recording time and workflow flexibility, the PXW-Z90 is equipped with two memory card slots and is compatible with SDXC and SDHC cards as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) / PRO-HG Duo*.
Relay mode automatically switches recording from the first to the second memory card when the first is full; Simul mode allows simultaneous recording to two memory cards (for example to create an immediate back-up version). The PXW-Z90’s two start/stop buttons on the handle grip and camcorder body can independently start and stop recording on different memory cards while recording in Simul mode.
*Memory Card Slot 1 only.
Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe
The PXW-Z90 takes advantage of Sony’s flexible Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe, which provides power, signal connections and coordinated on/off switching to compatible Sony accessories. For example, you can connect and control Sony UWP-D wireless microphone systems (sold separately). Please note to use the MI-Shoe the XLR handle must be removed.
Wide choice of connections
The PXW-Z90 offers numerous connections to suit the broadcast workflow, including 3G HD-SDI, HDMI®, Multi/Micro USB jack and composite output. The Rec Trigger signal can be sent through SDI and HDMI to link an external recording device. HDMI/SDI/composite output is possible during QFHD recording*.
*HDMI supports up QFHD resolution, 3G-SDI supports up to HD resolution. Composite is SD-only.
What's in the box?
- 1 x XLR handle unit
- 1 x Lens hood
- 1 x Lens cap
- 1 x Large eyecup
- 1 x Accessory shoe kit
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FV70A)
- 1 x AC Adaptor (AC-L200D)
- 1 x Power cord (mains lead)
- 1 x Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845)
- 1 x Lithium battery (CR2025 for the Wireless Remote Commander) (1), Pre-installed to the Wireless Remote Commander
- 2 x Operating Guide
- 1 x CD-ROM “Manuals for Solid-State Memory Camcorderr”