Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 17mm F1.8 (Black)
- 34mm (35mm camera equivalent)
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture for sharp low light imaging and shallow depth of field
- Snapshot ring on lens barrel for easy switching between auto and manual focus
- Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) Autofocus provides a fast AF motor
- Three aspherical elements including a Dual Super Aspherical element reduce aberrations and provide sharp images
- Ideal for street photography and reportage
$748.00 (inc GST)
High-grade snapshot lens with high-performance technology packed into a compact metal body. 9 elements (including 3 aspherical lenses) are rationally placed to achieve sharp, high-contrast image throughout the image area even at F1.8 aperture. It features the snapshot focus mechanism for easy enjoyment of quick deep focus shooting, as well as the MSC mechanism that enables fast, smooth autofocusing for both still images and movies.
High Image Quality and Performance in a Compact Size
9 elements in 6 groups, including a DSA lens that incorporates highly-accurate production technology; and an HR (High Refractive index) lens, that features high spherical aberration correction capability, are packed into a 35.5mm, 120g compact body. Boasts sharp, high-contrast image throughout the image area even at F1.8 aperture - made possible by state-of-the-art technology and know-how acquired through years of experience.
ZERO (Zuiko Extra-Low Reflection Optical) Coating
ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) Coating is applied to the lens surface to eliminate ghosts and flares that used to be difficult to reduce because of their high transparency. ZERO Coating boasts clear image quality even under challenging conditions such as backlit conditions.
Bright F1.8 Aperture and In-Body Image Stabilisation
All Olympus OM-D and PEN cameras feature an in-body image stabilisation system. When combined with the fast F1.8 lens, blur-free images are easy even when shooting sunsets, low-light indoor scenes, and other locations where flash photography is not permitted (such as zoos and aquariums).
MSC (Movie- and Stills-Compatible) Mechanism
The MSC (Movie- and Stills-Compatible) mechanism is the latest in optical design technology for achieving fast and silent focusing with a lightweight form and minimum number of lenses.
The gears have been removed, eliminating operational noise. A sub-micron precision metal axis (shaft) and feed screw (screw drive) are used for efficient, direct driving of the lightweight focusing lens, thus enabling faster and quieter autofocusing. This lens employs an inner focusing system that uses the MSC mechanism. It performs autofocusing by optimally controlling the three small, lightweight lenses. Thanks to this smooth AF system, users can comfortably shoot both still images and movies.
Advanced Snapshot Focus Mechanism
The snapshot focus mechanism enables you to take snapshots easily. Sliding the focus ring towards you to a specific distance reveals the distance markers engraved on the lens barrel as the focus point moves to a point on the distance marker. This mechanism allows quick deep-focus shooting, in which both subject and background are in focus, and quick no-finder shooting.
Sophisticated Textured Metallic Finish
The solid yet comfortable-to-hold texture of the metal exterior, and the condensed, drifting, high quality feeling unique to a precision device were developed to ensure the camera remains stylish as the years pass. The optional metal lens hood (LH-48B) and lens cap (LC-48 / LC-48B)* were specifically designed to accentuate the camera's style.
- The LH-48 Metal Lens Hood and LC-48 / LC-48B Metal Lens Cap cannot be used together.
- If the VF-1 Optical Viewfinder is used with the LH-48B Metal Lens Hood, significant vignetting will occur in the field of view frame. Even when the LH-48B is not mounted, the lens may be visible in the visual field with certain cameras.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Olympus M.ZD 17mm F1.8 Lens
- 1 x Lens Cap (LC-46)
- 1 x Rear Lens Cap (LR-2)
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
- Focal Length
- 17mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 34mm)
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Optical Construction
- 9 Elements in 6 Groups (DSA Lens, 2 Aspherical Lenses, HR Lens, etc.)
- Angle of View
- Focusing Mode
- High-Speed Imager AF (MSC Mechanism)
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- Max. Magnification
- 0.08x (35mm Equivalent Maximum Image Magnification: 0.16x)
- Minimum Field Size
216 x 162mm
- Diaphragm Blades
- 7 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Filter Size
- Compatible Mounts
- Micro Four Thirds System Standard
- Maximum Diameter
- 0.12 kg