Datacolor Spyder Checkr Video
- Advanced Color Reference – Spyder Checkr Video works with vectorscopes, waveform monitors and professional video editing software such as DaVinci Resolve®, Adobe Premiere® and Final Cut Pro®, to help ensure color accuracy and consistency across a range of cameras and lenses. From the start of capture to editing, Spyder Checkr Video simplifies and facilitates post-production color correction for accurate/harmonizing color across multiple camera/lens combinations.
- More Color Information – Spyder Checkr Video is an advanced target for color calibration. Included are reference points for precise color control to manage color from the very start of your shoot to the final color adjustment.
- Patent-Pending Color Pattern Card – Spyder Checkr Video’s patent-pending Color Pattern Card leverages how video is processed in video editing software, providing more color information to the user at a glance, for faster, greater color accuracy that is intuitive for video novices and professionals alike.
- Color Cards for Your Workflow – Spyder Checkr Video includes 5 high-gloss target cards: 2 types of color cards for different workflows (a conventional color patch card + the patent-pending Color Pattern Card), a 22-step gradient grey scale card, a solid, neutral grey card for white balance and a focus star card.
- Wider Color Gamut – Glossy cards allow for high color saturation, wider color gamut, plus easier flare identification.
- Perfect for a Range of User Needs – Ideal for professional videographers, hybrid photographers/videographers and content creators who use video for their work. Spyder Checkr Video is perfect for users who want a quick, easy way to ensure color accuracy in their videos as well as for those more experienced in editing video color who’ll appreciate the comprehensive color information Spyder Checkr Video provides at a glance.
- Ergonomic Case Design – The uniquely designed case fits comfortably and securely in the hand, minimizing fatigue while preventing your fingers from casting shadows onto the cards, minimizing application errors.
What You Get
Five interchangeable, high gloss video color target cards (4 of which are housed in an ergonomic case, plus 1 conventional patch card in a protective sleeve) include:
- A patent-pending Color Pattern Card, designed to leverage how video is processed for more precise, nuanced color accuracy. It includes 12 color patches in a unique configuration with a black, grey and white color patch in the middle, plus 6 skin tone tiles.
- A gradient grey-scale card that includes (2) 11-step grey scale bars, plus 3 solid bars of white, black and 50% grey, to capture every detail.
- A standard-designed color patch card (useful for hybrid photo work) that includes 12 color patches, 6 skin tone patches and a black, white and 50% grey bar.
- A solid, neutral grey card for white balance.
- A focus star card.
Target Customer / Markets
The Spyder Checkr Video market includes professional videographers, hybrid photographers/videographers and content creators who use video for their work. Ideal for both users who want a quick, easy way to ensure color accuracy in their videos as well as for users more experienced in editing video who will appreciate the comprehensive color information Spyder Checkr Video provides at a glance.
New Way Of Controlling Colors In Videography
Spyder Checkr Video is a color reference chart for use with video vectorscopes, waveform monitors and professional video editing software such as DaVinci Resolve®, Adobe Premiere® and Final Cut Pro®, to ensure accurate video color and exposure. Spyder Checkr Video allows users to color-calibrate one or more camera and lens combinations to help get the color correct at the start of shooting, in addition to streamlining the post-production workflow.
Unique, Patent-pending Color Pattern Card
The Spyder Checkr Video system includes a unique, patent-pending Color Pattern Card that provides more color information at a glance. When viewed with a vectorscope, the card generates a pattern of hues at two saturation levels, allowing you to see how all colors are being captured, not just primary and secondary colors. The easy-to-understand circular pattern that’s generated provides an unprecedented level of color information, instantly.
The unique ergonomic design of the Spyder Checkr Video case has been specifically developed to lessen fatigue and improve handling when shooting. It fits securely in your hand while preventing your fingers from casting shadows onto the cards, minimizing application errors.
The Datacolor Spyder Checkr Video Difference:
Pocket-sized, with a durable, protective case, you can carry it in your pocket or photo bag – goes where you go!
Cards are made from 100% acid-free cotton, a renewable resource for paper.
Cards can be replaced and/or interchanged with cards from Spyder Checkr Photo for enhanced customization.
Seamlessly integrates with 3rd party software such as DaVinci Resolve®, Adobe Premiere® and Final Cut Pro®
Spyder Checkr Video – Feature Description
Color Pattern Card
The color pattern card uses our new patent-pending design to help make color correction using vectorscopes easier to understand. The color card is developed for Rec.709 color space.
New Vectorscope Diagram
Each color has two patches at different saturation levels (75% and 100%). Adjust the hue and saturation levels for each color so that they match the boxes.
Traditional Color Patch Card
Includes same colors as Color Pattern Card, offering users another work flow option for convenience.
Traditional Vectorscope Diagram
The traditional color card generates a “star” design in a vectorscope with the 2 saturation levels laying on one line.
This card is designed to give accurate reference points for both exposure and contrast levels. It contains (2) 11-step greyscale bars, Glossy White, 50% Grey and Black.
Greyscale Card – Waveform
When the greyscale card is isolated, the pattern at the right is generated on the waveform monitor. The 3 large bars provide a quick reference for exposure, while the stair-step pattern helps prevent clipping issues.
Spyder Checkr Video – How It Works
Set Your Frame
Set your camera angle & frame up, adjust your lighting and get ready to roll the camera.
Set Your Chart
Angle the cards towards the camera, avoiding reflections. Record a few frames for color reference.
Check your Scopes
Check your waveform monitor and vectorscope to gauge color and exposure settings.
Correct Your Color
Use your camera’s functions or editing software to correct exposure, gamma curves & color.
Learn How To Adjust Colors
What's in the box?
- 1 x Spyder Checkr Video Case
- 5 x replaceable cards– 4 housed within the case + a patch card in a protective sleeve
- 1 x Attachable Lanyard
Length x Width x Height
122.1mm x 97.5mm x 13.4mm
4.81in x 3.84in x 0.53in
0.10kg / 0.22lbs